Friday 1 April 2011

The "Great Soul" might have been bisexual - sparks outrage in India

The NY Times has an interesting article on Mahatma Gandhi, arguably one of the key figures of modern history. Specifically, it's about a biography about to be published - and that's already being banned in some parts of India.

According to the biographer, Gandhi was bisexual.

I need to get my hands on the book - not just because I'm more than happy to welcome Gandhi into our family (of sorts), but I'd be curious to simply learn more, and we seem to live in an age where biographies have stopped censoring anything that isn't cisgendered and straight, or marginalise this part of our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Was he bisexual?
    ...or pansexual.

    For some reason I find this alternative much more likely. =)

    ReplyDelete