Sunday 4 July 2010

Bullet time

I just updated my website with current projects and release dates. Looking back over the last six months, I did have a lot of releases. The last one, however, was in early May, and since then, I've been wrapped up in house and job things. It feels like I haven't published anything in years.

That's another good answer to the question "how do you publish/write so much?" - my sense of time is utterly screwed. It feels like I'm trapped in an eternal case of bullet time.

At the moment, though, there are only four releases with any certainty.

- "Risky Maneuvers" is going to be out this week.

- I hesitate to promise "Don't Ask Don't Tell" - that project has been bedeviled with so much bad luck, I fully expect the printer to burn down when it goes into production. If everything goes right (hah!), though, we're looking at a release this July. July 2011 is just as likely.

- "Lion of Kent" will come out from Carina Press in late August 2010.

- "First Blood" is due out in September.


And that's me done this year. So far. There might be a few stragglers here and there, but that's what I have contracts for right now.

But, bullet time. Bullet time says "it's been ages since you finished something/sold a story/got a contract". The other resolutions were to move into my own house and get a job that I like and pays a lot more. Yup, both are covered.

The next six months will be about finding a new routine and finishing 2-3 full novels - either hard editing or wrapping up.

Ah, next thing to happen - get that eagle/phoenix tattoo. But not in summer. And another tailored suit from my source. This time, we're looking at a three-piece. I might even get a watch on a chain.

3 comments:

  1. Two questions:

    1) What's Pawn? You may have told me but I've forgotten.

    2) Where is that tat going? Are we going to get pics? If it's somewhere on your anatomy you'd rather not publish publicly, you can email me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how you do it. I am worn out just from reading all you have accomlished this year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, books.

    Did you decide on your tat? Feel free to add me to Elaine's pic / email list, if you don't mind, of course.

    Just got to love a good tat. ;)

    ReplyDelete