Wednesday 26 May 2010

Inspiration - I can feel it return

Today I hired the guy with the van that will us help move on the 4 June. That's one huge ticky box ticked.

The other ticky box is buying a washing machine - so that's what I'm doing tonight. Then I'll move the remaining cash into our shared account to be ready for the first mortgage re-payments.

Then I'm pretty much done on the preparations side.

And in time with that, my muse has shown have a wing tip - I recognize the black plummage the moment I see it. So, yeah, the muse has been around, dropping hints about a possible m/m fantasy epic including explicit and pretty kinky sex. I know I should be editing first and foremost, but I think I'll spend a few hours very soon staring at a white wall and conjure up images. In one way or other, this will feature non-white characters (since I was recently accused of covert or overt racism). The more I think about it, the more I actually like the idea. Moving everything into a fantasy world changes the ethnic dynamics a lot - especially when it's the main character who's "different", rather than the "hordes from the east/north/west" who look strange and where "different" is only used to reinforce the fears and the "otherness" to make evil even more scary.

(Not that I subscribe to the concept of evil... that's simply too easy. I'm happy in the murky grey areas of the human psyche, but that's a post for another day.)

So, yeah. Time to give the epic fantasy genre a reality check. I'll treat this as a strictly for-fun project, but will use the ideas I've had running around in my head for close to 15 years. If the ideas still fascinate me, they are alive and vibrant enough to write and share with the world.

That's why I'm here. To tell you a story.

1 comment:

  1. Glad your muse found his way home :) I can't believe how fast the move is going. Nice. You guys are going to be moved in no time!

    Heehee, lookie what I got my new phone to do :)) I'm figuring this puppy out :))

    ReplyDelete